Is my incision supposed to still be hurting?

I was having incision pain when I was pregnant with my last child, now that she's been born (5 weeks ago) my incision is still hurting! When I had my previous C-sections I never hurt like this, I was just fine by the time I was 5 weeks after delivery.

momnstepmom

Asked by momnstepmom at 5:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my 3rd (and last) c-section almost 7 weeks ago. I still get pain on the right side of my incision from time to time. I notice it more if I lay on my stomach,or if I go for long walks,or just pick up something heavy. At my 4 wk appt, the dr said it looked fine and was healing like it should. I asked her about the pain I get from time to time,and she said it could take up to 6 months to fully heal.With my 2nd c-section the pain was on the left side. I had hubby look at it the other day and he said it's red in a few spots,but that it looked ok..The pain isn't unbearable,but when it hurts it's noticeable.If it becomes unbearable,then I will let the dr know..I didn't need much meds after the c-section either. I'm just glad it's a come and go pain and not a constant pain..
    mamaof0304

Answer by mamaof0304 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Sorry I dont know but i will bump for you! feel better mama
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 5:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Mine hurt for like 9 weeks after, but get it checked in case there is an infection. C-Sec is considered major surgery-you don't want to mess around with it.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• With my first scar, I had on and off pain for 8 months. With my second, it only lasted about 8 weeks...but those 8 weeks hurt worse than the first c-section! Mention the pain to your doctor at your 6 week check up, just to make sure everything is all right but each pregnancy and c-section is different.
    sastina

Answer by sastina at 5:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Different OB maybe? I would talk to your OB and see what can be done. My first one hurt, but my second didn't...i'm having a third c section on july 29th.
    I have a friend who had all c sections too and she said her burning and numb sensations never went away...it's been 5 years....
    I hope you can figure something out!!! xoxoxo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i think its worse after every c-sec u have i hurt for almost 3 mos after, and its still tender and its numb, i dont like it to me touched what so ever!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I know after my second one i hurt for what seemed like forever, i called the doc a few times and when he looked at it he said it looked fine and was healing up good, but i was still in a ton of pain, i am 30 weeks pregnant now and sometimes can barley walk cuz my scar area hurts so bad! so i am def dreading this c-section! i wish i had a better answer as to why it hurts so bad but im clueless but i do feel your pain!
    whatthefawna

Answer by whatthefawna at 5:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I had issues w/ my insicion until about week 10. One of the sides got a minor infection & I ended up having to take an antibiotic. Is it red & swollen? Are you running a low grade fever? All of these are signs of a more serious infection. Talk to your ob!!! Hope you feel better soon, its hard to be taking care of kids & be in that much pain! My dd's 14 mo now & I still remember how much it sucked for me!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It's only on one side, and my husband says that it's not red, swollen and I don't have a fever.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think it depends on how bad it is hurting. After five weeks I remember being "sore" but I wouldnt say that I was in "pain". I had two csections I would say that they were both pretty much the same, except that with the second one, I started to feel less pain sooner then with the first.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010