What would you do?

Ok so I have this friend who I've been friends with for just about 18 years and well she has a DD who is4. Well the other day her and I were on the phone and I say how I'm having a little trouble potty training my 2 1/2 year old. She says of my DD still has accidents all the time at least 2 a day. Now I asked why she hasn't said anything to the Dr and she says oh I did he just said to bring her to the potty every 1/s hour but I don't feel like it. Her DD is in day care from 7 am until 7pm and she sits home all day. I kow I shouldn't judge but I really would rather not be friends with such a neglectful parent. I mean Mon-Fri she spend MAYBE 1 hour a day with her kid. I'll call on a Sat or Sun at noon and she's still in bed. I ask where her DD is and she says oh in the livingroom annoying me saying she's hungry. Well it's noon and this kid is used to breakfast at 8 am. Should I remain friends since nobody is perfect or not?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• :( how sad
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No, I wouldn't associate myself with people like that. You give yourself a bad name too having friends like that.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That is really sad, but maybe you should remind her that the stage those kids are in goes in a flash and she will not have them little for very long.

Answer by older at 5:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• ABusy, that's what i was thinking too. But this girl has been in my life for 18 years. I have been there for her DD since day one. I just hate seeing her like that and honestly I would take her if I could. I love my Maddy and I hate too see such a lazy parent to such a good little girl. She is. I mean she doesn't listen for anything and she talks back but with that kind of mother. My DD is like that but she's 2 1/2. It is just really sad.
    delilahsmom1177

Comment by delilahsmom1177 (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010