I was just thinking..

This whole point thing is kinda pointless in the end. I'm having fun like everyone else. But once I thought about it.. They took away the Anon so all the rudeness would go away. But they add games so you can earn points without actually helping anyone. So its not the"most experienced" with the high points.. Its the people with the most time on their hands.. Whihc is typically the old anons. Once they get their points high enough they can just go back to their drama you know. So this point thing is like a big side step for a week or two. then it will probably be right back where we started. Just my thoughts.

LucasMama08

Asked by LucasMama08 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Most of my points came from extra credit, people giving me best answer and voting my answers up. I really don't spend all that much time on here, just some off and on.
    I've been able to use anon for a couple days now and only used it once on purpose as a joke as soon as I got it and twice because my computer was jumpy and the anon thing is directly under the answer button.
    I don't think others will use it too much to be rude anymore. People seem to have chilled out a lot since it changed.
    We are still having debates and disagreeing on things, but we're doing it politely. It's kind of nice! :-)

I do think that the crazy for credit and other game sections shouldn't go under the popular category regardless of how many bumps it gets, so that the real questions can get viewed.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I agree to a point. Mostly, I'm just sick of the ridiculous questions. "Whats your fav color...What actor..." Will you bump me..." GRRRR
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I agree. At least we can vote them down for trolling answers.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I agree....but at least we have the vote down button now. Do you think if enough people vote them down for thier rudeness and they lose enough points, that they'll lose the anon button again?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I agree. I honestly think that you shouldnt be able to answer anon, but if you ask a question anon then you should be able to comment on your question remaining anon regardless of level.

The hype will soon be over.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 5:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• NO cuz we can vote down people once you get to a certain level. I like the new system.

Please vote for my son

http://www.parenting.com/Babytalk/covercontest/contestant.jsp?sort=&page=1&index=9&alpha=&state=&ID=42421664
    youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• ooo I forgot about the vote down button. I haven't used it yet. I don't really know what its for.
    LucasMama08

Comment by LucasMama08 (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Ah I thought something was wrong with the site since it had no anon button lol. I didn't use it anyway. I have noticed less mean things being said tho...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• See thats another thing. Sometimes I like the fun questions.. But they get so many bumps that the important ones aren't on the popular list.. just the playful ones. I thought that was what bump was for. Importance. You know.
    LucasMama08

Comment by LucasMama08 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• ive only been doing the Answer site for 2 days and just learning about the different catogorys. so i started putting all my silly fun questions under just for fun.and other serious things under i hope proper catagories.
    Windwalker2002

Answer by Windwalker2002 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010