Is it safe to wear a tampon?

I'm wondering if its safe because i have'nt had my period in so long. I did have one june 12th-17th and bled lightly and only wore pads. I'm having another one this week and its been a lot heavier...i've been wearing pads (because ive felt like i should get all that old blood out) but i have to work this weekend and would feel more comfortable wearing tampons because the flow is so heavy. Do you think its safe since i havent had a period in so long or should i still wear the pads to let that old blood get out?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Health

• I think it would be fine, just change it often.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think it would be safe to where a tampon
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 5:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• tampons are just fine for you, make sure you change it every 8 hrs or less. If you're worried about all the chemicals that are used to make the tampon you can get all natural ones @ any natural food stores. Make sure you take some extra w/ you to work just in case your flow increases.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I only wear tampons. They are safe as long as you are changing them regularly and not leaving them in for extended periods of time.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 5:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You question confuses me. Whether or not you wear a tampon has nothing to do with what is released and flowing from your uterus. The tampon or pad is just a receptacle. No need to stop using a tampon unless you have an infection, surgery or just had a baby..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yep, will be fine:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i guess i'm asking because i think the blood should "come out"...ya know?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i've always wore tampons before...
    shay1130

• i would also like to add it smells horrible..like something dead. i know thats tmi..but
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• A tampon is just to absorb what is coming out, not stop it from coming out, so I am sure that it would be fine to use one.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010