potty training? experienced mommys

how old was your lil one or ones when you started potty training and when were they completly potty trained? i heard boys are harder and take longer... do you have boys or girls... my son is almost 19 months old and hates to be in a dirty diaper... he says diaper change in his own way of course but we have noticed lately he says diaper change also right before he goes in his diaper... today i rushed him to the potty and he sat there a few minutes and then went pee in the potty... i got super excited and i know it will take a long time but i was just wondering other mommys experience with thier little ones

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son just after his 2nd birthday just decided he wanted to use the toilet...he pretty much trained himself. He is two and a half now and still wears a diaper at night but has been dry the past few weeks as well as he tends to wake up to go in the night and then goes in the morning. He didn't use a potty at all at first but recently has decided he wants to use it and won't sit on one of those toilet seats for kids. He likes to perch on the edge of the toilet to poo. He did have some days where he decided that he would tell me he needed to go but wet himself but he has been pretty good. I just pretty much let him do what he wanted to do"
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My daughter was potty trained by the age of two and a half. And my oldest son (now 7 years old) wasnt potty trained until he was almost three and a half years old. He was really hard to train, I started trying since he was two years old, and he just refused to be potty trained.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• One son was ready at 2.5 the other at 3. It took about 1 week for each because I didn't want to try until they were really ready. they had a potty chair long before, but just didn't show the interest or readiness. The longer you wait the easier it will be.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have 9 brothers and Mom always said they were alot easier then I was so who knows... I have 2 girls and both were potty trained at 20 months. 1 took 3 days and my other one took 9 days. We had a routine of every 20 minutes it was off to the potty and if there were p/poo we did the happy dance and if there was nothing then we did all over again... After they were fully potty trained I no longer did the 20 minutes. We went with the flow... Good luck with your little guy...

Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 7:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2010