Anyone have some good travel tricks for the plane?

My son does not like to sit still but I bought him his own seat for the plane...that way he isn't jumping into somebody elses lap.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Seriously, don't pack too much stuff because he either wont' be able to get down or you won't have any leg room and you won't be able to acess your bulky back from the floor and keep him in check. I learned this the hard way! Make sure you have a book, his fav toy and plenty of snacks! xoxox GL!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Bring his carseat,. Make sure you have a sippy, bottle or paci for take off and landing if you don't breastfeed.. That is when the pressure changes the most and sucking helps reduce the discomfort. Bring toys that don't make noise but entertain him. Snacks like cherrios or what ever he likes.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• youve got it easy! me and my son have two 4 hours flights coming up.... im pregnant, hes one and does ot like to sit more than 5 min without screaming to get down.... and on top of it were sharing a seat! be grateful lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 5:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• lol to the pp's so far. Bring some benadryl just in case, don't have to give it but you may want it. Sucking on a paci or bottle or breast during take off & landing helps w/ the pressure in their ears. Get a new toy he hasn't seen yet, keep it hidden till he starts to fuss, plenty of snacks, fav book, I took 3 7 it was a waste. I also bought a portable dvd player & when everything else had failed to work we watched Princess & the Frog. She hasn't seen it yet & her Princess Tiana doll is her fav so she shut right up & started watching. 5 mins into it she was asleep, no benadryl needed lol.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Have a bunch of snacks ready. Hopefully he'll be tired so he can sleep for part of the trip. A portable DVD player was our best friend when we went last month! We also had animal and ABC flashcards which he absolutely loved!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Noah doesn't take bottles, sippy cups, boobies...just a cup. Yea I'm glad I have a seat. But I'm just hoping he doesn't scream bloody murder. I am hoping he sleeps.
    mommylovesu28

Comment by mommylovesu28 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you don't want to lug your carseat on the plane, get a CARES harness. It converts the seatbelt to a 4pt harness. Totally worth it and approved by the FAA. I have one for my 2 year old and it is a godsend. Also, snacks, snacks, snacks. I always pick something special that I don't usually buy so it is a treat.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 12:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• bring the carseat!! i flew with and with out it! The car seat was a god send!! they fall right to sleep and just hang out!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2010