Any California State employee's out there?

How do you feel about Arnolds $7.25 an hour cuts?

I Know its not happening to everyone yet, but I wouldnt doubt if it wasn't right around the corner for everyone! Honestly there needs to be a budget but how are people supposed to live? I've gone to school. Got an education! All for Arnold to take it all away. I've already lost my house to his furloughs. Now I may just lose everything else along with my credit score!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The salary cuts need to go directly to the legislature who are not doing their jobs. I have lived in California for the past 30 years and have watched a steady progression of idiots march into and out of office and make it worse by the day. There is absolutely no reason for state workers to bear the brunt of these a$$hole$. We would have a budget in one day--and a good one at that--if those who are sitting around scratching their a$$e$ and not working weren't paid for the work they haven't done. Instead, they rape the educational budgets, bludgeon the workers who keep the state running, and blame Californians for the ills of the state.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was born and raised in Cali until 5 years ago. Let me tell you, the majority of state workers out there aren't even worth $7.25.
    And even those that are shouldn't get more. I don't believe any government agency should get more than the real hard working Americans do. The small businesses, farmers, etc...
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I moved from CA to IL 4 years ago....
    What's all this about a paycut????....Seriously?! RIDICULOUS!
    It was a joke from the beginning to elect him.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100702/ap_on_bi_ge/us_california_budget_minimum_wage

My Mom is a state worker
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm not a california resident but I feel for these workers.

This has very little fo do with Arnold, we must thank all those who supported proposition 13. The 1978 teaparty!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My sister is also a SOC worker and these cuts have been really hurting her and everyone she knows... It is really a slap in the face if you ask me... I think they should cut is check down to minimum wage and let's see how he struggles to get by after that....
    believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm not a california resident but I feel for these workers. I am sure your consolitation mean a lot to those who will be scrimping further in an already bankrupted state being run by someone who can't even pronounce the name correctly.This has everything to do with this imbecile who was elected based on star power and who brings his Conan the Barbarian sword to budget cut meetings!  The only thing he has done that is commendable is to decline the salary for the governorship.  He made empty promised, goesagainst the wishes of every Californian who lives here and continues to screw us to the wall.  It won't be too soon for him to get on his jet for the final time and leave Sacramento for Lala land  for good.  So many of the legislature are star struck with the idea of the Terminator being in the building that they don't know their butts from peanut butter and find solutions that will destroy the
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• NightPhoenix
    You either know some real losers of have no idea of what you speak. I know many who work for the state--they have been furloughed, subjected to irrational and assinine regulations, re-regulations, management changes, and ridiculous workloads with an ever diminishing pay base. There have been few COLA enacted, yet these people continue finding creative ways to make ends meet.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That's funny, you keep blaming your governors, and then turn around and keep electing your same state reps & senators They are the ones who make the state budgets and spend the money and decide what gets cut and what does not. Not the governor.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It is FANTASTIC!!!! In fact i would love to see all states doing this.. That way they can see how hard millions struggle everyday with that low pay..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2010