What Size Clothes and Shoes?

My boyfriend is buying a bunch of clothes to send to his kids in Honduras. He hasn't seen them for years so he doesn't know what size to buy for sure. He has a 16 year old boy, a 13 year old girl, and a 10 year old boy. Any suggestions as to what sizes they might need? I think since it's a 3rd world country they're probably pretty slim and short for their ages.

badgirl44654

Asked by badgirl44654 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Hey I am from Honduras! Born and lived there until I was 11, crazy! Haven't been back there though. Well my 14 year old is pretty big for his age, he's 6'4 and wears a 36 in pants and XXL in shirts, he's not a thick boy at all just really tall. My 13 year old daughter wears a size 5 in pants and smalls in shirts, my 10 year old son wears a size 10 in pants/shirts and the same for shirts. Can he call and ask anyone?
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That's going to be kinda hard then, I have cousins out there and they are huge so it just depends, but he should really try to find someone to ask, otherwise he will spend money on clothes and they wont be able to wear it. Any way, grandma could take the kids shopping?
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Wow...that is crazy he has kids he hasn't seen in a long time. But good that he is going to get them something, I know my little sister is 13 and she wears a size 1 in jeans and she is really skinny.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• He sends money every 2 weeks when he gets paid, but his kids are always complaining that their mom doesn't buy them shoes, food, etc. I don't know what she does with it.
    badgirl44654

Comment by badgirl44654 (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I tried to explain to him to have his mom measure them and see how big they are- since he doesn't talk with his ex-girlfriend at all. But he didn't seem to understand what I was saying. My spanish is like that of a 3 year old. lol
    badgirl44654

Comment by badgirl44654 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• There's a guy going back to Honduras so he's going to deliver the box on his way home. I just hope he doesn't decide to keep the money and the box. lol I figure if we get some things that are the wrong size then they can give it away to somebody that can.
    badgirl44654

Comment by badgirl44654 (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My son is 12 and he wears size 14 jeans, He is very tall for his age and Adult shoes, I forget what size , the boy has HUGE feet though lol!
    mommas3cubs

Answer by mommas3cubs at 6:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• At those ages kids can be any different number of sizes.  My son is almost 9 and is outgrowing his size 10 pants (going into a 12) and wears a large or XL shirt (or even a men's small).  He's big for his age.  My oldest daughter is 10 and only wears a size 8 (slim) and medium shirts.  She is tiny for her age.  I have a friend whose dd is 11 and wears adult sizes already and another friend whose dd is 11 and the same size as my tiny 10yo.  You just never know.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:46 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It's hard to say. My 12 yr old wears a 29x32 pant and a men's small or medium shirt. My 10 yr old can fit into size 8 pants for the waist but needs a 10 for the length and wears a kids med. shirt
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We ended up just going to Goodwill and buying $250 worth of stuff to send. Still have a few more things to get, but what they don't like or can't wear they can give away. With such a poor country I'm sure they will know of somebody that can use what they can't. Thanks for all the replies! Found some used soccer cleats that look almost new) for $2 a pair, my bf says the kids will love them, because in Honduras they're expensive.
    badgirl44654

Comment by badgirl44654 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2010