Is it a bad thing to...

do stuff for others just because it makes you feel good? Not that, thats the only motive, but sometimes the only way to pick yourself up, is to do something you'll be recognized for?....

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is a great thing to do good for someone. But, I don't ever want to be recognized for it. My family and friends don't even know what my fiance and I do for others, I would like to keep it that way.
    Keep up the good deeds. xD
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Doing good things for other people is good. If it makes you feel good for helping others out and getting that recognition then that's just a bonus.

I don't think it's a bad thing to do something nice for someone else when you're feeling bummed out to try and pick yourself up. It sure as hell beats cutting people down to try and make yourself feel better.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i dont think its a bad thing
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 6:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No, your making yourself feel better at the same time helping someone out.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It depends, my husband sometimes does this and then he expects something in return. I always tell him that if you do something for people you do it because you want to, not because you want to get or expect to get something back from it. At least that is me, if I do it for you, then I don't expect anything in return.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I don't think that's a bad thing. It's a win-win situation. But if you go out of your way for the praise of doing it, like you tell everyone you know just to get someone to say how great you are, I think that's going too fat.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Oops.. ^^too FAR^^
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I never brag about things I do for other people....and if they don't know it's me that's done the good deed, then it doesn't make me upset, because I know what I've done, and it still makes me feel good inside.
    I never expect anything back from people.
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Doing good is good no matter your motive.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010