Fed Govt sues Chicago??

So DH is on the phone with a friend back home who is talking about it being on the news that the court is going after Chicago for passing stricter gun laws? I'm googling, can't find it, don't know if he's not understanding what he's hearing or just wishful thinking. Anyone see anything (and how I will laugh if it really is true)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• here ya go mama

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/united-states-supreme-court-scotus-gun-control-rifle-ban-chicago-police-mayor-richard-daley-nra-second-2nd-amendment.html
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 6:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thanks but this is newer - since the ruling Chicago passed a whole new set of obnoxiously strict gun laws to end run the new law.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I just saw it on Fox News. They also showed an Alderman (woman) talking about the gun control issue and said the Supreme Court had been reading the "Tea Party Times" evidently and forgot that firearms kill people. Well lady, I have firearms in my home. They haven't killed people or animals. We use them for skeet shooting. I don't see my firearms killing anyone. People who kill will use a weapon of opportunity whether it be firearms or a 2x4. Criminals are going to have the weapons and the 2nd Amendment clarifies one of those natural rights we have - the right to life and the right to protect ourselves when someone tries to end that life. Be angry at the criminals and not the guns. A gun never walked out of my home and sought after anything to kill on its own volition.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The new law is insane - if you have your gun in your garage or on your porch it's illegal. There is no way this law is going to stand. I did find a bunch of challenges are already being filed, but nothing about the feds going after them (yet)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Just more stupidity and absurdity from Daly. They need to get rid of that clown.
    MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 4:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2010