Do you think you are good at picking up on a manipulator?

I had thought I was but I fell for sob stories. I fell for very subtle flattery from a person who only meant to use me. My first clue should have been when I heard this person bad mouthing another person. Then it went on, to another person. Although I didn't believe the accusations against the next person, that should have been a Big red flag to get away and stay away, to immediately cut all ties. When all you hear is griping, guess what, you WILL be next and it might be bad enough to hurt your family. Nobody is worth that, no matter how they cry "poor me".

LauraMi261

Asked by LauraMi261 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• No, I don't think I am easily manipulated. When I was younger, perhaps so, but experience has honed my bullshit detector. In real life, at least. It can be more difficult online. The trick is to be able to see people for what they really are (even if that's not good) without becoming to jaded and cynical. It's a fine line, Laura. I'm sorry you're struggling with a situation right now.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Nope I'm a total sucker and will help anyone with a sad story. It's a curse.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 6:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Nope...I'm naive
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I always go with my gut, and if I am giving more than I am getting I figure it out. My brother is a master manipulator. Always out for his own sake!
    momruns4fun

Answer by momruns4fun at 6:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My sis is good at manipulating. I learned the hard way. I am very careful at figuring out who I trust and why.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Laura, that's really hard to do! Very hard! I'm a sucker, naive and too trusting and all. But I do always give many chances to people. I'm easy for forgiving and just say, That's how they are. If I lose a friend over nothing I take it very hard. I wish you the very best. Nice Matters!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have been taken advantage of a few times in my life. Now I feel I can spot a manipulator. I never lend money and I always trust my first instinct about a person. I wish you the best, it doesn't feel good to be taken advantage of.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have learned that back in high school from so called girlfriends, learned my lesson and now I DO NOT trust any women that comes into my life, the only two women I trust is my mom and sister.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010