Ever with anyone with Adult Asperger's?

I have been seeing a counselor on and off for years. She is convinced my husband has AA. It all makes sense to me now and she may be right, He is so emotionally detached. I have divorced him once but then we remarried again 2 years ago. I am very caring emotional feeling person, and he just does not get it. We have 2 girls together and he does not have much interaction with them either. We can hardly have a converstaion, he is so rigid in his thinking and is obsessed with World of the Warcraft and Fox news channel. I really want a divorce because my needs are not being met. My counselor says she can help me decode his thinking, but my DH says all our problems center around me, and he refuses to see the counselor, because he does not need one, he can handle all of his feeling on his own he does not need others. That is NOT normal. I would be just trying to fix a realationship on my own again, just not worth it to me.

momruns4fun

Asked by momruns4fun at 6:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/108757

Sorry for the double posts, but I wanted to go to My Groups and get the page for you.

This is website with a lot of info too http://www.aspires-relationships.com/

With my husband I have learned he wants to please me if I tell him exactly what I need but cannot anticipate my needs at all which frustrates me. I also have learned he is very literal and I can't ask him Do you want to pick up the kids? for example because he will say no because he doesn't. However if i say can you pick up the kids and he is available too, he will even though he doesn't want to.

HTH
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I never had, but bumped this for you b/c I hope someone has some good advice for you
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes my husband of ten years. Most Aspies don't do well in counseling. There is a group on CafeMom for spouses of Aspies.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• thanks... My DH is just to hateful and hurtful with his words, I do not even feel I love him anymore. I would endure the counseling if I really loved this person, but it is all stipped away. I cannot fathom being with him and he is in denial thinking I am the one with the problem??? wtf?
    momruns4fun

Comment by momruns4fun (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Mine doesn't talk to me. Or spend time with me. Or sleep with me.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I've always suspected that I have it. I can be quite aloof at times,and rigid. My husband is odd too so we kind of balance each other out. In your case,I'd suggest the divorce.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have autism.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• right, Jamesonejustines my does not talk or he does and I have not a clue what he is talking about and he has no idea what I am saying. He works nights so we do not sleep together either. this is not the life I want to live.
    momruns4fun

Comment by momruns4fun (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010