Anyone like putting puzzles together?

What size do you like? The bigger the puzzle and the smaller the pieces the better? I like putting puzzles together but haven't been able to since I've had kids. I guess I could gets some "kiddy" puzzles. LOL!

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 6:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i liked putting the big puzzles together when i was a kid dont have much time nowadays
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 6:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Puzzles are a favorite past time at our house, and we own stock in "Doug & Melissa" wooden puzzles, LOL! I do like doing puzzles that are 500 or 1000 pcs, but not since having kids.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• They have big mat type things that you put the puzzle on as you're working on it, and then roll it up to store it until you have time again to work on it. They're pretty cheap too, under $10 if I remember correctly. If it's something you really enjoy and miss doing maybe get up a little early a day or two a week and spend some time doing that.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I haven't' done one in a few years and really enjoy it. I have one of the mat things that I bought on clearance and plan on using it after we move.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I use to. My son absolutely loves puzzles. I do the word searches when I have time though.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 6:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I LOVE IT !!!! I like to do huge puzzles that take months LOL Yeah i have no life :(
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 6:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I haven't done one in years, the last one I did was of a baby tiger but I do like doing puzzles, not really big ones though.
    MinnieMouse8

Answer by MinnieMouse8 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I use to put puzzles together with my friend all the time. We loved it! We'd get the kind that glows in the dark (like the ones with dragons, fairies, unicorns, things like that.) then we'd hang them on her wall. Eventually we had every inch of her walls covered with them. I miss doing them!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i have one that i have been trying to get together for almost 3 years now. DH got it for me for Christmas when DD was born so i'd have something to do while i was up at night feeding her.
    it's a "Mosaic" puzzle of the simpsons and it is INSANELY difficult. it doesn't have the interlocking edges, only wavy edges that rest together, and because it's a mosaic (lots of teeny tiny pictures of the simpsons that when put together will blend together to look like one large picture) it is hard because there are like 200 of the SAME pictures on different pieces. i have to get really close to the puzzle when i'm doing it to make sure the pieces match up exactly.

it's fun though. i like the challenge.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I love putting puzzles together. I haven't put any together in a while because I have two year old twin boys now, but when I do have the time, I enjoy scenic puzzles and I love Thomas Kinkade puzzles. I can do up to a 1000 piece puzzle all by myself.
    Rhonda
    nannyrhonda8

Answer by nannyrhonda8 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010