For mom's who's DH has a game system

Does your husband have a xbox,ps3, wii or any other game system. Mine does. Mine does we have a ps3 and sometimes i just want to throw it over the balcony. Don't get me wrong i love playing it to but geez when i have to yell his name a billion times and snatch the controler away to get his attention i swear sometimes his favorite games are going to go missing. Console was expensive i'd rather break the games lol well the used games at least XD. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Lori1818

Asked by Lori1818 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LMAO!!! I feel the same way!! He's on that xbox every night!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now my 5 year old is obsessed with it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We used to have a playstation......USED to :) I won that battle, and in all honesty neither of us miss it a bit. I think it is a waste of time, and money. Got so many better things to do than sit in "zombie" mode in front of a TV.

Good Luck :)
    kiddosX8

Answer by kiddosX8 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Honestly, No. My DH has a PS3 as well. It doesn't bother me at all to see him play it, he enjoys it and so do the kids... When they watch him play they won't move. It's a great way to get some "mommy time" or to get some house work done and not have to worry about anything getting trashed...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• my husband works hard, so I don't mind if one day out the week he spends all day on the Xbox 360, but he always makes dinner and spends time with us. He is not glued to it all the time. He's even got me to try some of the first person shooter games and I got him to try Rock Band, we turn it into family time (we also have a wii so the kids can join in)!
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 7:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We have both a P2 and a P3 ... note I did say "we". There are times that we play together ... love those violent games. Sometimes I'm the only one playing for hours on end. Other times it's him.

Try talking to him and explaining how you feel. Work out a compromise. Ask him if he would limit his time on certain days and you let him have a time that he can play until he wants to quit.

How long do you stay on CM? Just something to think about.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• He has a PS3 but has cut his gamming in half and picks up after himself, so it doesn't bother me anymore. Now, when he'd be on it until 5 in the morning and leave it all out for me t trip over I'd get mad. Once I hid the controllers for a week, he started putting them away.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yeah huh.. He has that new XBOX something ruther.. Every guy that comes over drools over it and I don't get it.. Its nice to have but a pain in the butt when he uses it.. Because he kinda forgets about me and the kids.. lol. ANd WoW.. Hate that.. Its like hes in another world.. We have a couple other systems but he mostly plays the comp and xbox.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We have an xbox and a wii.

I don't mind him playing except he does it to excess.  He completely ignores the kids except to yell at them to be quiet and leave him alone while he's playing.  He plays from the time he gets up until he goes to bed on his days off (12+ hours).  I can't make plans to do stuff as a family because he's too busy playing games.  It's been a real wedge in our marriage.  It's all he does.

We've been discussing how to keep our marriage from falling apart (because it's close to happening) and we've decided to limit computer/video games so we're forced to spend more time together.  Sad but it's the only way I can get his attention.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• we have a ps2 xbox360 and a about to get a wii....i play too, so i dont mind him playing at the end of the day, cuz that means i can be on here! LOL :)
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 7:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Sometimes. But it's been a long time. He's gotten soooo much better. It used to piss me off if I would be like cleaning the house and he was oblivious because he was so engrossed in the game. We havent gotten to that point in a long time. If I start to get irritated, I usually sit down next to him and get on CM. He gets the picture. :)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010