How long did it take you

i was told today by my ob that i am 1 cm dilated and 60% she said that she don't see me making it to my next appointment which is July 8 and i will probably end up back in L&D again this weekend

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think doctors should be able to tell you that, lol! It sure seems like they get a lot of women excited and then frustrated because they don't go into labor.

You can be that way for awhile or you could go into labor tonight. I don't think when you will go into labor is something that you can predict.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 8:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Don't get your hopes up, dear. I was 3 cm and 80% for two weeks before I was induced (high blood pressure or else I wouldn't have been). I hate it when OBs tell women these things, because really, there's no way of knowing.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I walked around @ 1cm for a long, long time.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was at 1cm for about 4 weeks with both boys. Then with my first I was 2 for 1-2 weeks, then 3 for almost a week. then a 5 and he was born a few hours later. With my second when I was a 1 for several weeks, then all the sudden a four, and he was born 2 hours later.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was 4cms for over 6 weeks... Then we induced because my water broke... (at 42weeks)

I wouldn't get excited over 1cm if I were you... Just make sure you're ready in case.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't get my hopes up to much. I know a girl that was 1 CM and 70% for two weeks
    ashleighd1006

Answer by ashleighd1006 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was 1 cm dilated for over a week with my first. However, I never dilated until labor hit with both of my boys... you just can't tell.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i was 3cm for 2 weeks! i did everything to go labor going and thing worked! my daughter has a mind of her own!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am 3 cm 70% effaced, since Wednesday. Prodromal labor that comes and goes but still there is still no way to know. I understand how you feel though. When I had contractions the other night for 8 hrs straight I thought for sure I would have her. Nope, they stopped. Supremely disappointed. Now, I am just going to ignore everything that happens until my water breaks or I feel tons of pain. I am pretty depressed about it though.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 8:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That is a load of it! There is ZERO reason to check you! My mother walked around at 1cm 100% effaced for over a month with me! Just relax and don't worry! Your baby will come when it is ready! And not a second sooner! No matter what a dr says or old wives say!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010