would you rather have more money coming in or your husband home?

if your husband had a chance to take a job where he could make more money (over 1/2 more of what he makes now) but would have to travel, would you want him to do it. or would your rather him keep the pay he is making now and be home with you and the kids more?

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 7:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd rather have my husband home. We can live on very little (we've done that). I would MUCH rather be with the man I love and for my kids to have a lot of time with their dad.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My DH just passed up a job because of similar issues. It would have taken him out of the house and away from the family 14 days a month (one week here, one week gone). But it would have over tripled our income. To me, it wasn't worth it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Depends on ones happiness. I would be more happy having the hubby around and spending quality time with the kids.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would depend on more than just time/money. Would there be chance for advancement? Would it help him get a job down the road that wouldn't require traveling? Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in the short term for long term gain.s
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I say more money, it would just mean that the time we do have together has to be quality, quantity doesn't mean as much if it lacks quality.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Depends for how long...but then again I don't mind seeing him often no biggie.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That's a tuffy. The money definitely comes in handy. But what good is it if you cant enjoy it together?
    leasmom1214

Answer by leasmom1214 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'd rather have him here. We make enough to get by, and still have a good time as a family. That's more important to us than the money.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Well, I guess iot would depend on how often exactly, that he'd be gone... But I can say that right now we're both making pretty crappy money... Right now we both work a lot of hours at our crappy jobs so even when we see eachother we are both exhausted and cranky and still can't afford to do anything fun... I'd probaly take him being gone on a more regular basis if it meant we could afford to do fun things when we are together or take a family vaccation once or twice a year and get to spend some actual quality time together. Know what I mean?
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'd rather have him home. I just love beng around him.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010