How do I??

My son is 18 months old today and for the past 4 months now my FIL has been asking me when my husband and I were gonna have another baby. I am on BC so is not likely that I could be pregnant at all, but i have had a lot of feelings that I could possibly be. Well I have tested 4 times and all have came back negative. So obviously I am not pregnant I guess. How do you convince your husband to have another baby? I have talked to him for the past 4 months bout it and he just doesn't want to right now unless for some reason it just happened. My FIL keeps telling me to just stop the BC but I really don't want to make my husband upset. I would absolutely LOVE to have another baby but any advice on how to persuade or convince my husband??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 18 months is still young. Enjoy the child you have for a while. Let yourself just be a little family. My 1st two are 2.5 years apart. Then there is 8 years before the 3rd (he is my "pill" baby, yes, I was on BC). Don't be in a rush to increase the size of your family. It will happen soon enough and it will be great.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If it does happen accidently, let it happen accidently, please do not orchestrate and accident. It could spell disaster for your relationship if your DH found out. Otherwise, this should be a decision that is made by the both of you together. Ignore your FIL.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Agree. this strictly a choice you and your husband should agree upon.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Your father-in-law's opinion needs to stay out of the equation. The choice to have a baby is between you and your husband, no one else. Definitely don't stop the birth control without getting agreement from your husband. That's deceitful and will only hurt you in the long run.

Either scheduled a date with your husband (maybe your father-in-law can babysit ;-D) or just find a good time to talk and ask him how he'd feel about having another child. If it's something that you really want, then you need to let him know.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2010