What is the yummiest cheapest meal you make at your house?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 8:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Chicken & noodles (left over chicken, broth, and homemade noodles) or Chicken &dumpings(left over chicken, broth and cut up canned biscuits with some frozen veggies thrown in) both are supper cheap
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 8:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• spaghetti,$1.99 sauce,$1.50 noodles,$2.39 garlic bread =$5.88!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My family love manicotti not sure how much it costs, but sooooo good lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Hmmm...super unhealthy, but crescent dogs! Hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls with half a slice of cheese.

Other than that, turkey loaf with a couple cans of veggies. Or chili. We have breakfast for supper a couple times a week too. Eggs, pancakes, grits, toast...all cheap and easy, just mix and match, and slice up a few apples or oranges to go with it.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 8:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When Swai is on sale, I get that, its about $7 for 2lbs, then I fry it and make fries with it..... delicious!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Black bean burger.! YUM!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Homemade baked beans and buns or toast
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The cheapest thing I make is a noodle dish. I cook a pack of ramen with shredded carrots and other veggies like zucchini, whatever is cheap or sitting around in the fridge. I dredge thin slice of seitan in flour and 5-spice and pan fry till crispy. Drain the noodles, slap the seitan on top, and serve. It takes under 10 minutes, serves 4, and if I can get cheap veggies I can make it for under a dollar. I very rarely make dinner for more than $5 unless we have guests.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• spagetti/ and we use the pulp from our juicer that morning to add veggies in :)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Stir fry. Chicken, broccoli, carrots, pea pods and mushrooms usually, and served over rice cooked in chicken stock.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010