Sex Question for Christians

Please forgive me if I offend anyone. About 2 years ago I heard a sermon about how it was not okay to have oral sex yet I have not seen anything in the Bible to back that up yet. Can anyone claify? P.S. I am married

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Three general guidelines for Catholic sexual morality are 1. Our sexual actions should be directed to our spouse for his/her benefit and pleasure. Sex is a chance to give ourselves to our spouse in a uniquely loving and intimate way. 2. Each specific type of sexual activity must be of loving intent & action. 3. During sexual union, male climax must occur during normal sexual intercourse (it has to be open to the possibility of fertility). So oral sex can be a benefical part of a marital relationship as long as it's not done as an alternative to intercourse or with the intention of achieving male orgasm (but accidents do happen).

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 12:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm Baptist and have never been taught that in the church and there is nothing in the Bible to back that up. Sodomy is considered a sin in the Bible, but oral sex is not sodomy. I think you may have heard a pastor who was straying from the Bible and giving too much of his own interpretation.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have never heard that! DH and I both love oral! I don't think it would be a sin, it is your husband, and you should do what makes him feel good, like he should for you! If that means oral, anal, or hanging in a harness from the ceiling fan and quacking like a duck, lol! As long as it is between you two, kwim?

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• nO NOT TRUE, b4 me and my ex husband got married we did couples counciling so he could marry us, that was one of the first questions i asked, he said no, its not a sin, god made pleasuer for man and wife!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It depends how you interpret things. If you read the bible as the quiver-full people do then sex without possibility of conception might be considered a sin. There's no verse that says "thou shalt not go down on your hubby" though.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled

Have at it, mama, it's half the fun.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Read Song of Solomon. In chapter 4, it talks about love between man and wife and yes, it talks about oral in there too.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 4:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• never heard that I am a christian and I do it to DH sometimes lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have heard that too. I was told that its because sodomy is evil and oral sex is considered sodomy. I think that if youre married then do what you both enjoy!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• oh ya, but I have heared mastermation was a sin not sure if it is or not
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010