iS ASPARTAME SAFE TO USE, IVE HEARD A FEW BAD THINGS ABOUT IT ?

Windwalker2002

Asked by Windwalker2002 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No, studies have linked it to brain tumors.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't touch the stuff. Instead try stevia. We buy flavored stevia drops in carbonated water to replace soda. Flavors I have right now is orange, root beer, and vanilla cream.
    Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain. http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/dangers.htm
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I stay away from aspartame because it gives me a headache.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It's easy enough to stay away from artificial sweeteners so I don't eat anything with them, why risk it? All natural is the way to go!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 9:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You should do some research for yourself. I personally won't touch the stuff, nor allow my children to have anything with aspartame in it.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Definitely not safe.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I very rarely touch that stuff. Once in a while I'll have a diet coke but that's it. Once in a blue moon it's OK to have a little but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We do use consume it either.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• It also stimulates your appetite, so if you're using it to lose weight, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2359769

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Not safe at all or in any quantity especially not safe for kids.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2010