Receding hairline on a toddler??

I know this might sound odd, but it seems like my 16 month old's hair is thinning in the front. He did just go through a big growth spurt...so maybe his head grew and the hair just couldn't keep up with it? I know this all sounds really stupid - but I'm not kidding...I just don't know what else could be wrong. Nutrition?? Has anyone else ever seen this before with their kids?

crystalbean2

Asked by crystalbean2 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would get in touch with your child's pediatrician. It could be anything really. Alopecia causes hair loss. I dealt with that with my daughter fairly recently. On the up side, her hair has grown back now. Along with any of the other things the other moms before mentioned. Be safe and contact the doc.
    jeckellette

Answer by jeckellette at 10:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would call your doctor.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Theres a chance he will bald early. I went to school with a kid who started to lose his hair in 7th grade! By Freshman year he could buy beer and no one asked for ID!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• LOL..it doesnt sound stupid. His head has probably just grown and now his hair has to catch up with it!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Make sure he is getting enough foods with B vitamins in it and a couple good servings of protein every day. If it still appears to be thinning, call your doctor.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'd check with his doctor at your next routing visit. It is possible that he is pulling it out, or that he sleeps a lot on that area, or other reasons, too, of course.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010