Anyone foster to adopt in WV?

If so what was the process like? We are really considering it. Even if your not in WV how was it like for you?

Cressida

Asked by Cressida at 9:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Adoption

• Good for you. Sometimes it can be a long process.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• There are a few really great foster/ foster adopt groups here on cafemom.

I am in the home stretch of the process and it has been a roller coaster ride, but I wouldn't trade it. These babies are the light of my life! :) Feel free to PM me for specifics.

I would certainly say there is a lot to learn and I wish someome had told me there is a lot to be desired with the overall system. They are 100% for reunifiction and some people you come across will frown upon the notion of fostering to adopt. If you are looking to adopt a child that is already available it can be a very long wait. Too many people wanting to adopt, too many children and not enough case workers to make the matches in a timely manner. But don't let my words deter you, there are many positives. I just wanted to share with you what I wish someone would have told me in the beginning! :)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2010