What is your plan on losing the weight after you have the baby?

This will be our last baby! :)
I am determined to get back into shape and lose the weight.
I'm thinking of asking the doctor to refer me to a nutritionist and for a weight loss pill.
Whats your plan?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Me too! Last baby!!!! #4......I told my husband we're going to start taking walks in the morning or evenings with the kids. I'm going to stop buying junk food...lol I'm going to plan all our meals so there's no questions about what we're eating.
    I bought a pair of running shoes and i'm going to start the Couch to 5k program....i'm so excited that I know my body won't be stretched out again and I can focus on eating right, eating the right amount and do some hardcore running!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I will be breastfeeding, so no pills for me. This is our 3rd and last! I had about 50lbs to lose from the first two, but I have been so sick. I have lost nearly 30lbs! So if I can keep most of that off, then great! If not, I am just gonna work on eating smaller meals! 400 calories, 4times a day. It worked great before I got pregnant this time! I had already lost over 40lbs! And I wasn't BFing any more! I hope it works!

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• At 38 weeks I've only gained 11 lbs so I don't foresee it being a big problem. I've never had a problem losing the weight after my other 4, but the getting back into shape is the hard part! We have a Wii and I have a stroller for walking when she's a baby, then a jogging stroller for when she's a little older. Also, my husband will be more than happy to watch all the kids for me when he gets home so I can hit the gym (since he likes what I look like when I'm in shape!)

Answer by missanc at 9:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm hoping to do a lot of walking/jogging on the treadmill.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I can say this, I got one of those things you wrap around your belly (or your breasts when stopping breast feeding). And I truely believe it helped me slim back down as quickly as I did the first month or so. But breast feeding and chasing other babies should help you too!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Breastfeeding! Helps a lot in losing weight after giving birth.... Now I'm a little worried cuz, I'm even lighter than pre pregancy...
    also prob cuz i'm so busy taking care of the little one that i dont even have time to eat...
    urban_baybee

Answer by urban_baybee at 1:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Don't use a weight loss pill. They are not good for your body and is only a temporary fix. Do it the right way. I just joined WW online and I workout 5 days per week with a workout dvd. I am also starting karate this week. You can do it. just take one step at a time and remember, you did not gain the weight in one week, you're not going ot lose it in one.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 3, 2010