How long after divorce

How long did it take you to move on, if you still loved your ex?

clovismommy25

Asked by clovismommy25 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I still have some feelings for him even though I am Happily married! It took me 3years to get to the point it didnt tug at my heart strings! It took me 5 years before I could consider ever getting married again! Sometimes I wonder if it was to soon!
    mkrhodes84

Answer by mkrhodes84 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry I can't help much, I didn't love my ex by the time I divorced him. But. When I did fall out of love with him I can tell you it took me about 3 months to stop feeling miserable. I cried non stop for at least two and called him CONSTANTLY (we were still married then). I hope you get to feeling better hun. Think about all the horrible things he's done, that helps.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 10:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I still loved him but it was over. I moved on immediately.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• He emotionally left me for 2.5yrs of our 3yr marriage for WoW.then started flirting with a co-worker. I caught him right away, it didn't go any farther. We have been working on things for less than 3 months! And I think he is giving up! I am broken! After all I put up with&forgave, he is just gonna give up because it isn't fixed instantly! I still love him, & I want to work on this! Not to mention, I am pregnant with our 3rd baby, &I know that children are no reason to stay in a crappy marriage, but I can't help but to think we aren't going to see this babies firsts together! Today I was trying to talk to him, and our little one came in, 19mos, and learned how to turn on and off the radio in the alarm. He was so proud,I couldn't stop crying! What if that is the last first we see together? I don't think I will ever move on if this happens! We have been together since we were 14! We are both almost 22! Why after all this time!?
    clovismommy25

Comment by clovismommy25 (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010