How did your divorce effect your kids?

clovismommy25

Asked by clovismommy25 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not divorced. But I will tell you from a child's perspective, divorce is hard. But the pain is short lived if both parties are willing to do what they should for the kids. I don't have any memory of my mothers first divorce, I was only 14 months old, but I do remember her second (I was 7). It affected my sister more than me, she was much younger. And he only wanted to be a part time dad from them on, til he didn't want to be one at all.. As a child the never knowing when we would see him again or the two of them playing the "who do you love more" game was worse than the divorce. When my mom divorced for the third time I was grateful, I hated my step dad!!! I begged her not to marry him and was more than glad to help him pack... But I was much older (15)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010