Breastfeeding Moms, who have weaned a child in the past

I dont know how to ask this without it sounding just the way it does.. But has any of your Weaned Children still want Boobie, and put their hand over your boob, still for Comfort? My son is 3 and he stopped nursing between 2 and 2 1/2 because of weaning and then me getting horrible morning sickness. and he still is so obsessed with "boobie"

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 9:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh yes! My daughter does it and I haven't even completely weaned her yet. I used to have a kid in the church nursery that would fall asleep with his hand down the front of your shirt! LOL!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That's really normal. It's still a source of comfort for them. It feels weird to you because right now you're not nursing him... so it feels kind of like a sexual advance. You have to understand this from his point of view, though. He recieved nourishment and comfort from your breasts for the majority of his life. To him they represent everything it means to be secure and loved. It's simply, purely a comfort thing for him and it makes him feel like he did when he was nursing - safe, loved and happy. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it really bothers you you can always discourage it and he will stop eventually. He'll stop eventually on his own anyway, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It is completely normal. My friends son weaned at 11 mos and still uses them for comfort like a pillow when they are hanging out on the couch. BTW he is 4
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm super lucky. My kids never did that. When I weaned them they were done. I've had 3 kids back to back though, so just 2 months after I wean one, I deliver the next. The toddlers see me nursing the baby and equate it with a baby thing and not a big kid thing.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No it doesnt bother me, Just checking and making sure I am not the only mom its happening too.
    UAFwife

Comment by UAFwife (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2010