Anyone hear any fireworks going off around your home?

You know, the cheap ones you buy. I just heard some. I love the 4th and can't wait for my babies to be kids and able to go out and watch the fire works. They would never make it to 10:00 at night just to watch them, then another half hour or more to get home and get to sleep. Soon though! But I live in a town now and will see them from my porch when they go off!

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, and although I'm all for being in the spirit and all, after three or four nights of it around 9:30 at night, when my son is trying to sleep, I'm really about to call and complain to someone.... (sorry, its just really frustrating, cause not only are the fireworks loud, they're being loud, too) I mean, I though it wasn't legal for individuals in NC to have ones that shoot off the ground anyway, especially within town limits, and we have noise ordinances that kick in at 10, too...

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes... The bozo on the other side of the street has had them every night for 2 weeks... They are HUGE, Bright and Loud! I keep hoping he blows his drunken hand off!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• lots of fireworks here :)

Answer by SweetMiss at 9:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I've been hearing them for a couple of nights now. The twins are sleeping and haven't even stirred. Now the 70 pound Basset Hound? Suddenly he's behaving like a 7 pound lap dog and begging to climb onto my lap! Ahhhh.... nothing like a slobber bath before bed.

Answer by Peregrine at 10:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• not yet-knock on wood!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• nope not yet but 2maro I am sure!!!!

Answer by lendales_mommi at 10:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• yea a few have shot off the bottle rockets. You can't legally buy them here, but you can pick them up at the Rez.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes!! They have been going off for days now. I ready for it to be over with. I remember the 4th 2 years ago. My LO slept through them while I stood outside at a party and she was 5 days old.

Answer by coala at 10:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yep. We're hearing lots of them tonight. And my daughter is getting really excited about the 4th...and saying she wishes it was tomorrow instead of sunday. LOL

Answer by jeckellette at 10:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Not yet. But we live in the city, so no one can shoot them around here. Which sucks b/c I love watching the neighbors fireworks, mostly since they're free. :-)

Answer by renea20 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2010