My baby is 15 months old, and I would like to retry breast feeding.... How would one go about doing this?

diannec82

Asked by diannec82 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It won't be easy - but just put baby back to breast and nurse.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• go to kellymom.com - they have articles about re lactation.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• agree w first poster. it may take a while and at that age, he might not want to hang on for long w/o getting any milk
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You will need a supplement system most likely. There is a tube you strap to the breast That will bring formula or milk to the nipple. That will encourage the baby to suckle. It will take a lot of time and effort.... Or you might be lucky and Boom! It depends on how long you BFed for, how long since you stopped, your health, your hormones.... Soo many things.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Why?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• How long has it been since you breastfed him? What are your goals for getting him breastfeeding again at this age? I do know an adoptive mom who started breastfeeding her LO at 18 months when she got him. I can give you a lot of info on relactating with a toddler but it won't fit here. PM me if you want me to send it to you.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm wandering WHY also. I mean 15 months? How long has it been since you did BF?
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Why not? Seriously, there's tons of reasons to want a 15 month old to breastfeed. Go to the breastfeeding moms forum, we've had a couple moms there be successful getting baby back to breast after a few (even one was over a year) months with the bottle. They'll have some great tips. And you'll get more support.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 1:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Why not? Seriously, >>>>

Seriously ?? I actually never heard of starting again after you were done for wht ever reason at tht point. Tht is why I ask WHY? I personally didn't think when you were done you could start again...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 7:38 AM on Jul. 7, 2010