what the f--------- point of going to the doctor if you are not going to listen to the doctor?

My husband been having pain in his leg. Well is was a pull hamstring and because of his weight. He weight 291! really. the doctor told him no more soda and make is portion smaller. Well, what was the first thing he drank when he got home? SODA! and he ate 3 slice of pizzas and 2 sandwich. really? what is the f---g point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Did the doc rule out a bloodclot? That would be my concern
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• well, it takes a while for people to change their habits. ...but it does sound like he really didn't listen at all.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think its a pride thing. They don't want to face the fact they are in trouble. I hope he decides he can do it and turns his life around. I hope his heart and blood pressure stay where they are supposed to be and he gets a hold of this before something happens he can't reverse. It will only make it worse to hound him or make him feel bad too. Has he tried weight watchers online? Its private, and my friend tried it and it works pretty good. You see results almost right away. You can eat the things you like within reason. Anyway, they are stubborn that is for sure. Wish you luck!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I feel your frustration! Mine has high bp, back pain, frequent kidney stones and is always tired but refuses to change even after the doctor told him to. Common sense should be enough!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 10:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• In that case I don't know lol... but I've gone to Dr.s for things several times and known they were wrong, then I'd got to another Dr. or two and they'd tell me what I already knew lol...

Like in college I was having a problem with my eye and went to an urgent care Dr. He told me it was pink eye, I KNEW it wasn't and argued with him, he wouldn't listen and gave me meds for pink eye... it was worse a day later so I went to a specialist and he told me it was Iritis... if I'd kept treating it for pink eye I could have gone blind.

After I had DD I was having ankle problems I went to 4 Dr.s before one of them told me what I'l already suspected from online research! It was severe tendonitis and one of the Dr's was insisting it was arthritis! The MRI confirmed what I thought all along... sometimes you just have to keep going to different Dr.'s til they'll listen to you!

Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Same thing with veterinarians lol! Just 2 weeks ago the vet was convinced that my dog just had allergies (which we could have spent the rest of his life and a ton of $ trying to find out to what) I told them to test his thyroid for Hypothyroidism cuz I had a feeling that's what it was... the vet said OK,we can do that to rule it out... sure enough, he has hypothyroidism! Easy to diagnose and treat.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Drs dont know much anyway, but in this case eating disorder is a disease. it doesnt go away over night and you need therapy.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'd be laying down the law. My friend's hubby was in the hospital recently, he has another episode with his heart. He hasn't had a heart attack yet but his doctor said it's basically a matter of time. He was discharged and went straight out for a deep fried seafood dinner. It really annoys me because my dad ate a similar diet, was a similar weight, and he died when I was 8. I just want to knock some sense in to him and tell him what it's like to grow up without a dad, tell him what life will be like for his two little girls if he doesn't get his act together.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• From my experience, some times it takes something drastic, not just a little pain to change someones lifestyle. For me it took chest pains to straighten me up. Do you have an older family member that has to take tons of meds, shots for diabetes? Let him spend some time with them, tell him that is his future if he doesn't start taking care of himself.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010