Dada

Dada, is the ONLY thing my 12 month old says. I am alittle worried. She understands alot, but wont talk. My other 2 girls could say many words by 12 months. Should I be worried, her doctor wasnt worried, but I dont really trust her doctor anyway, I am looking for a new one.

KGeist86

Asked by KGeist86 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not at 12 month. It's kind of early for them to be saying a lot of words. As long as she is understanding, don't worry!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• All children are different. She may not "have" to talk. If she has siblings that cater to her every whim or mom and dad do then they don't need to talk. My friends DD is 18 mos and has about 6 words. This is because she is catered too. She didn't have to work for what she wanted. Just be patient because the sooner they talk the noisier your house will be. My 2 yo doesn't shut up all day. She talks to everything and everyone including the cat and her babies. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• no. think of it this way. her older two siblings probably talk for her. Pay attention and it wouldn't surprise me if you notice your older children saying things like "she needs a drink" or whatever. If she turns 2 and still isn't talking much THEN you might need to discuss it with her pediatrician. But for now, she's good.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• not to worry
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010