If you have a boy that is potty trained...

Which was more successful, you teaching him or his daddy teaching him?

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A bit of both. I am more focused on it and worked more with him. DH let him watch him some to get used to peeing and standing up, but I am the one that asked him if he needed to go and cleaned up the messes when he was first in underwear, etc.
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• well, me. because DH is overseas and couldn't teach him.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Daddy. My hubby was gone with military work, but as soon as he came home, my son picked it up in a matter of days.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• my son isnt "potty trained", but potty training! he seems more willing for potty breaks when SO tells him it's time. but he definately looks for my praise more than SO's when he is successful because I make a big deal out of it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Both. My husband taught him to stand up, had the talk with him about the importance of being potty trained. I helped him while my husband was at work.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Thanks ladies. The problem I'm having is that DH hardly goes, except maybe 3 times a day. I don't know if that's normal for a guy or not (I don't go as often as I used to, but I go more than 3 times), so our son doesn't get to see him as much, especially since DH more than often forgets to take him to watch when he does. But I'm having no success whatsoever. And I wondered if it would help if DH would just start peeing more, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I guess me, since my husband was working all the time.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Neither, he trained himself. He was about 24 months and we'd been talking about it for a couple of weeks, showed him the potty and such. One morning I was changing his diaper and he just announced that he was going to use the potty that day and that was that. He started in pull-ups for going out because he wouldn't sit on a big toilet, the hole is way too big for a skinny little butt, but after a few weeks he announced he wanted to try while we were at the mall and that was that.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:34 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My husband and I both worked with the potty training with our two boys. I did most of the work...But my husband has been the one to show them how to pee standing up.
    quinnbee21

Answer by quinnbee21 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• since i'm a SAHM, i was the one doing the potty training most of the time. when my husband was home, he did help with it. we started the potty training by having him sit on the potty. once we felt he had mastered it, dad stepped in and showed him how to potty standing up.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 6:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2010