Child fighting

my girls are 6 and 3. THEY CONSTANTLY fight! we even separated their rooms, and it got worse!! HELP!!

KGeist86

Asked by KGeist86 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Totally normal. My sister and I are in our late 20's and still fight. We can't be at family functions together for very long because an argument will start. I wish you luck but it is something that will last a long time. It is simply sibling rivalry and you will have to determine the best course of action to deal with it. Just make sure you are consistent and that they know that it will not be tolerated. I would also advise against forcing them together because they "have to learn to get along" that may backfire and fighting may get worse. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Sounds like they are bored. Maybe they need some structure in their day. I wouldn't make a rigid schedule, but I would make a plan for how to spend the day and keep them somewhat busy. Also make sure they each get some alone time.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I SO wish I had answers for you mama. At this point just be glad you only have two kids lol! I have 5, and it's nonstop fighting. I think your2 will prob get better as they get older and can do more things together. I dont agree w the first poster who says they will always fight. My sis and I are super close and hardly ever fight, although I bite my tongue a lot hehe. Good luck tho. If u ever do find a solution let me know k!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I actually have 3 girls, 6, 3, and 1. They have a pretty structured day, they just fight about everything. who gets this and who gets to help, and move over, your in my way, and its just CONSTANT!!! Its gets into sceaming matches now, and I try not to get involved the my pedi said, but its to the point if I dont get involved I am going to blow up!
    KGeist86

Comment by KGeist86 (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2010