Does it irritate you that the "Crazy for Credits" crap has taken over the popular section?

There are only like 2 or 3 Non-crazy for credits post there. What happened to the legit questions? The important political issues??? The mama drama??? ;)

This whole points thing just gets better and better....NOT.

miasmommy21407

Asked by miasmommy21407 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• What is that section exactly? I see people not really ask in question in that category and I'm like ????
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I totally agree. I gave you a bump, oh wait, that gave me a credit. Grrr.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am so confused about the "Crazy for Credits" category. How is supposed to be used? I was under the impression that the category was made up for silly things to earn points with. Isn't there a section for Religon and Beliefs, Politics and Current Events for the more serious topics.

I think I need help! :) Somebody clue me in.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• you only see 2 or 3 non-crazy for credit posts? That's weird, I've seen 100's today, and I haven't even been on that much. Anyways, it doesn't bother me. I mean...if people want to spend their credits that way, that's their business. If you don't like it, skip over them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yeah, those sections are still there...it's just the popular posts section is now nothing but crazy for credits category questions! The most popular questions used to be more of a variety. And yes...it's very annoying. I'm not happy with the new system at all.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Cassey...

There are section for P&C, Religon, etc. but the "popular" questions get put into a special section as well so that mom's can easy see what questions most mom's are interested in, what the hot topics of the day are, etc.

Now that's pretty much gone because the only questions getting bumped aren't really important topics or big questions of the day...they're just these stupid points questions.

I don't like this whole point system to begin with but people are even using it how Cafemom originally said it was to be used.
    miasmommy21407

Comment by miasmommy21407 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Okay, I get it now. The popular questions for the day are nothing but credit earners.....Thanks ErinHill!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

Then why don't you click on the categories you want to read? There are some categories that will obviously have more serious questions than others. I never understood this before the point system and I don't understand it now, because this is not a new complaint, it's just a different category to complain about - if you want to be picky about what you do and don't read, why are you only using the popular list to find questions?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thanks Miasmommy, too. Yeah, that isn't any fun, is it?
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• LovingSAHMommy...did you notice I said "the popular section?" I wasn't refering to questions in general. I was refering to having to search through each section to see which ones are really the most popular instead of the ones who've received so many bumps just sp people can have their stupid credits.
    miasmommy21407

Comment by miasmommy21407 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010