Do you and your SO or DH have date night?

Just wondering if you think it makes your relationship better?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep, my daughter goes to her biological father for dinner for 3 hours every Wednesday, so we have a date night then. I think it's definitely good for our relationship. It's nice to have some adult time to enjoy each other's company and do something passionate and fun to remind us that we're more then just parents.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We used to, and we also sometimes took a weekend off - went someplace just the two of us. We've let it slide, though. I need to be arranging something. Yes it did help a lot. Not only could we focus just on each other, we also had a break from household worries.

Answer by Bmat at 10:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No just when we have money we go lucky I have an aunt that loves to keep my kids anytime we have money to go out for a date!!!
    mkrhodes84

Answer by mkrhodes84 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I wish we did. Instead we have three kids and finding a babysitter is hard to do. Maybe all those date nights we had landed us where we are now! *wink* ;)
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Very rarely. We only go out without our kids when we need to go do something they aren't interested in. Most of the time we would rather have our kids with us though. We like being together as a family and don't really feel the need to go off by ourselves.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yeah, i wish we could.... hard to find a babysitter and our baby is really attached to me... but i think it would benefit the relationship...
    urban_baybee

Answer by urban_baybee at 10:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Ha! I wish! No, we have 3 LO's and it's nearly impossible to find a sitter. :-(
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Oh, and i just wanted to throw it out there that our date nights don't always cost much. Sometimes it's a simple as a long walk on the beach then snuggling on the couch.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• No, we never had a date night and we've been married for eight years. I'm seeking divorce after all this time. I think a date night is a great idea....if your SO is willing to devote time and attention to you, then go for it. Even if it's just an inside date...like making homemade ice cream sunday's.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2010