Do you think I was wrong for calling the police?

Today SO,DS and I were buying fireworks from a fireworks stand. There was a man there, his son was in the back of his truck he looked about 5 or 6. I thought he was just playing in there while the dad was buying fireworks, until the dad came back and got in and was talking to the mom who had a newborn car seat sitting on her lap, the man starting cussing the little boy saying "Lay the f*** down, your going to get me a g** d*** ticket." This man was not only making his young son ride laying down in the back of his truck but they drove away while the newborn was still in the car seat on the mom's lap. I was like oh my god, what are these people thinking? Do they not care about the safety of their children at all? So I picked up my phone and called the police, after I got done talking to them and I left I saw the truck pulled over on the side of the road about 5 miles away. I hope this scared them into proper seat belts.

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think you were wrong. If there had been an accident those children could have been killed!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• you did the RIGHT thing! kudos!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You might have saved two babies lives today. You did the right thing
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Poor little kid :( I heard a mom today call her child a brat. How mean : (
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think that they should have gotten charged with child endangerment..
    No, you were completely right with what you did. Kudos for you...
    Ignorant parents...
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• U DID A GOOD JOB ! U GO GIRL !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 10:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think you did the right thing. However, I'm equally as worried about the safety of the wife and children once they got home. That man sounds abusive.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Wow. See this is why I think people should be required to take at least a one hour long parenting class before they have their baby. Things like this make me sick! You absolutely did the right thing! Give yourself a pat on the back!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You absolutely did the right thing. He was breaking the law and endangering others, it's your duty to report that.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would have done the same thing. Definately pray for those babies.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010