weight limit for pregnancy

ok so during pregnancy what weight limit did your doctor give you? the weight limit you could lift and nothing heavier! like for example, my dr only allowed me to lift __lbs druing my pregnancy!

kyliekye90

Asked by kyliekye90 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told if your body is already accustomed to it, then there is no weight limit. I worked on the ambulance when pregnant with my first and was lifting heavy patients all day long. I was worried about how that would affect baby but my ob said as long as my body was already accustomed to it there would be no problem and she was right. Just don't do anything your body isn't used to, or anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• with DS #1 it was 25 lbs after I was like 6 months pg or so and with DS #2 it was 25 lbs at first and then it wen't down to 10 but I ws high risk
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I don;t remember my doc giving me a limit.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Mine didn't give me one and I'm still bench pressing over 100lbs and leg pressing over 400lbs... among other heavy lifts, but those are toned down from what I do pre pregnancy
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I never got one for lifting only for gaining, but I have never "worked out" in my entire life and he knew that.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My doctor didn't give me one. I didn't lift over 30 or 35 pounds something like that.
    beanerbecky

Answer by beanerbecky at 11:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010