• In the Spotlight:

My sd biomom told her she effing hated her. What would you do?

My sd didn't want to go to her moms for the summer (she is 17!) so her mom freaked out on her, now deleted her own daughter from her friends on facebook and won't have anything to do with her. It's so disgusting.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are you sure this is what happened? Did you hear her say that?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would not make her go and I would find out why my SD didn't want to go...other than the mother acting like an immature child. When does your SD turn 18? I would let your attorney know what is going on. Be there for your SD, she will need someone to count on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• assuming that's all true and not just teenagers causing drama, i sure as hell would not force a child I cared about to spend time with what sounds like a parent being as immature or more so than you would expect that 17 year to be.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• with a mother like that I'm not surprised she doesn't want to go..

offer support to her, and try your best just to let her know she is always loved by you and DH. Otherwise, the girl is 17 and doesn't have to go to her mom's legally if she doesn't want to.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Not your problem, stay out of it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It's true. Her mom is psycho abusive. That's why she doesn't have custody. My sd didn't want to go b/c she has to babysit her younger siblings full time, has to leave her home, her friends, her life for 3 months....she went for a week and came home for fathers day weekend. She told us her mom had told her that she was not letting her come back b/c she didn't think my sd wanted to be w her, and that she loves her dad more than her, always has blah blah blah. My sd said she wanted to be w her but not if they were just going to fight the whole time, she'd rather go home. That's when psycho said I HATE YOU! I F***ING HATE YOU! Legally we had to send her back but her mom never showed up and hasnt spoken to her since. Poor girl..she turns 18 next may.
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yeah, I would find out why she didn't want to go. Is the bio-mom stricked with her, she is 17 and at that age they want more freedom. I'm not saying that is a good thing tho. As parents we need to work together to keep these kids on the right path. I don't think the mom's actions were very mature or even ok, but maybe you should try to hear her side of the story as well. Then maybe you can be the mediator to help them come to some common ground like maybe your SD can go a month out of the summer instead of the whole summer.
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thank all that's holy that your sd will be 18 soon & won't legally have to deal w/ this bitch! Hope you can offer her some words of wisedom that not everyone is going to wish her the best in life, its even worse when its family. What about the other kids that are still in the home? Does CPS need to be called? Hope you have a relationship w/ her that you can "make up" for the lack of a mother. What a fucking bitch!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Give your sd as much love and support as you can. Let her know that there is a motherly figure in her life who cares about her. As for her egg donor, it's a good thing your sd is almost 18. She can cut her out when she hits that age.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2010