Sine it takes literally an hour for the house to get messy, does this mean we have too much stuff?

My living room is usually pretty clean- there aren't many knick knacks in it, just books thast are usually where they're supposed to be.

But my kitchen and master bedroom for certain get so messy, very quick.

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• All I can say is maybe. Maybe you have too much stuff, or maybe everyone (at least everyone old enough) needs to learn to put stuff away and clean while doing other tasks. For example, when cooking, as you use measuring cups, mixing bowls, etc., put them in a sink full of soapy water, and during parts of cooking with a wait time (like "simmer for 10 minutes"), clean the stuff you've just used. At the end of cooking you'll have just one or two dirty pans and a full drainboard.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• possible.
    i thought that was the reason my house got cluttered so fast too so i got rid of a lot of stuff and ironically it gets messier faster now than before. im at my wits end when it comes to keeping the house un cluttered, i fear its just not possible at this point. im tryin to figure out how to organize better. i recently got some milk crates to put under that bath room cabinet to hold toilet paper and pull ups. i took an old easter basket and cut off the handle and use that for my curling irons and hair dryer. and on top of the counter i saved the basket in which those bath kits came in and put my face wash ect in their. and put dividers in the bathroom closet to keep towels organized and so far thats been working, im going to attempt to apply that technique with the rest of the house and see how it goes
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i don't think it has to do with a lot of stuff. you could teach your little ones to clean up after they take something out or make yourself a game, to clean up as much stuff in 15 minutes. it will certaintly help.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 3:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would'nt say that
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Thanks for the comments. I definately am after my kids a lot and have taught them from the time they could walk to put things away but I have to remind them every day literally, so I do think we have too much sutff or it would ne easier to put it all away.

SIGH!
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010