Anyone know of any velveeta cheese recipes?

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 11:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Also, chicken spaghetti-
    5-qt pan about 2/3 full of water. Boil 2-4 chicken breasts until cooked. Remove ckn from water (KEEPING the water) let cool, then dice & put to the side. Meanwhile in a saute pan, sweat 1/2 C each of chopped green papper, onion & celery in 1 T of oil or butter. Then add 15 oz can of cream of tomator & cream of mushroom soup & 1 can of sliced or pieces mushrooms. Also, 1 tsp each of black pepper, chili powder, & paprika. Combine well, then cover & simmer. Add 1-1/2 tsp of salt to the reserved water & bring to boil, then add 1-12 to 16 oz package of Dumplin noodles. Cook at directed.

When noodles are cooked, add chicken back to the pasta/AND water (water should be down to 1/2 or less in the 5 qt pan. *If not, pour a bit off, but save in case you have to add it back in.) Add the simmering mixture into the ckn/noodle water. Add 1 lb chopped Velveeta. Stir until blended. Serve when cheese is melted.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Velveeta mixed with no bean chili, microwaved until it's melty :) Reeeeally good served with Tostitos scoops
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 11:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Melt it, mix w/ a can of Rotel & a splash of milk & have the best chili con queso ever! :)
    Sandy1220

Answer by Sandy1220 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• "Velveeta mixed with no bean chili, microwaved until it's melty :) Reeeeally good served with Tostitos scoops "

This one definitely! I've actually used ground beef, but the no bean chili might be easier and add more flavor. it's soooo good tho!

My MIL makes some really good queso with it, but I can't remember everything she uses. I think it's Velveeta and salsa or picante sauce, or pico de gallo. I don't know if she adds anything else.

Then of course there's mac & cheese.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Velveeta and Pace picanta sauce - - micro - the Velveeta - and stir in the salsa - it makes a really good dip
    sandy562

Answer by sandy562 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My brother in law makes lasagna with it... blah!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have a wild rice soup recipe made with velveeta in it. Its really good.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• why would you want to make velveeta? have you read the ingredient list?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• "why would you want to make velveeta? have you read the ingredient list? "

Beacuse it's good.....I don't read the ingredient list...and I don't really care whats in it.

Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You can also make chicken tetrazzini with it. Chicken (cooked & cubed or shredded), spaghetti noodles, cream of mushroom &/or cream of chicken (2 cans of cream of...) velveeta & milk to thin it a bit. (Can add in the beginning sauted onions, celery, mushrooms if you like) and can eat once it's all heated, or put in 9x13 & sprinkle grated cheddar on top at 350 for about 30-45 mins. Either way, awesome!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2010