help! i need to get my baby to sleep

what is the best way of getting a child to sleep all night or at least a little longer than an hour and a half most of the time she sleeps from 45 minutes to an hour she is breastfeed and wants to suck literaly all night also she is a year and a half years old

britanyl

Asked by britanyl at 11:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • This is most likely a fake question. It's normal for toddlers to nurse at night but not to "literally suck all night." Toddlers have to sleep at night in order to have energy for the day. If a toddler was sucking all night then they would be sleeping all day. Some of the other questions sound fake so this may be fake too.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I had the same problem with both of mine....sorry I do not have a good answer...but know your not alone
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Oh no!!!! Poor you! At that age, they don't need to eat at night. You probably know that though. Have you tried a pacifier at night? The thing that got my daughter to go to bed at the same time every night (pretty much) and stay there is a routine. We do bath at 7:30, sit in our laps for a while, read a book, I bring her to bed and sing her a few songs, then my husband goes and prays with her and she's done. She's been doing that since she was about 15 months. We have bad nights, but it's pretty much solid.

One last tip: give her a carby snack before she goes to bed. Maybe it will keep her full longer. Like a peanut butter sandwich and milk
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 11:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• do NOT feed her RIGHT before she goes to bed. Healthy eating includes healthy eating habits and we all know that eating before bed (even if it's a healthy food) is not a healthy habit.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My best suggestion is to make a routine if you don't already have one. It will take a week or two for her to get settled into the routine so don't give up if you try it for a day or two and it seems not to be working.

Our routine consists of bath time, then reading, then bed.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Ok for the gail lady my daughter does want to keep my breast in her mouth all night as far as the "fake question" as u say .. i am not lying why in the hell would i go out of my way to post a question that isn't true i posted it on here because this is a problem I'm actually REALLY having and i needed some help and suggestions .. my daughter has been this way her in tire life and its for comfort and food so what ur telling me a toddler couldn't suck a passy all night bull.. i really love ppl like like to talk sh** when ur just looking for some help

britanyl

Comment by britanyl (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• And thank u very much ladies!! ill try some of those
    britanyl

Comment by britanyl (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i'm having same problem w my 8 month old. it's like sparation anxiety has set in all of a sudden.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 11:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• The only advice I have is to let her cry it out. I know alot of people are against it but its the only way i got my son to sleep at night. At her age there is no reason for her to eat at night its just for comfort.
    rnl314

Answer by rnl314 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2010