How would you feel?

My boyfriend mentioned to me recently that he still occasionally thinks about his ex (the only other serious relationship besides me that he has had), and the way things ended (she was dishonest in why she broke up with him) with her. It doesn't bother or offend me, but I'm curious to know what other ladies would think/feel if their husbands or boyfriends told them this?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I think everyone at some point thinks about the "what might have beens"
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I know mine does her call her his 1st love , It dosn't bother me because I have him now !
    mami323

Answer by mami323 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think that it is great that he is being open about his feelings to you and doesnt feel the need to hide things. I expect that many women would get defensive because the topic is his ex but he is with you and cares about you enough to share his thoughts so you shouldnt make a huge deal about things and risk cutting off that good communication.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It's always hard when your first real love falls through. How does it make you feel? You need to talk things out with him and let him know how much he means to you. That if things hadn't happened the way it did, you wouldn't have found the love you have with him. Tell him how he makes you feel. You can't control other people's feelings, but you can sure tell him how he completes you and how important he is to you. Guys need to know those things too. If you want to make it work and hang onto a good thing, let him know.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think that I would worry if he NEVER thought about a past relationship that was serious.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 11:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I don't think he would tell me but I'm the first woman that hasn't. Nor will ever cheat on him so the point is really void. I have though thought about my first love and what might have been. But I am happy.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would love it if my husband would share any inner thoughts with me. I think it shows a great deal of respect for you that he trusts you to talk about his past like that.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• my husband had a wife in the past and i allow him to talk about her and agree with him that if she had not passed away that he would still be with her...I have seen the wedding pics and yeah they were crazy about eachother....his last girlfriend is on my facebook friends list, she is alot of fun and I know they would have never worked out but we all stay friends.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2010