AFTER THE NEWS ABOUT THE MISSING BOY IN OREGON, HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE CHILD ID KITS FOR YOUR KIDS ?

do you know what your childs school policy is about contacting parents if child is not in class. have you made a vist to your childs school to see how secure it is. do they really know who is on the playground when child are playing, or roaming the hallways during school hours.
i urge you to try it sometime. enter your school while class is in session or in between classes when kids are going to lunch..check out the play ground,sit in a spot you can see if there is aides out there REALLY watching your children. does your school have camereas, some of you may be surprised at what you learn.
learn the teachers names and do a sex offender check.

im posting a link for you all to get a free child identification kit.

https://secure.pollyklaasaction.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=138

Windwalker2002

Asked by Windwalker2002 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• \\ HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE CHILD ID KITS FOR YOUR KIDS ? We have done these since they were born.

do you know what your childs school policy is about contacting parents if child is not in class. yes I do

have you made a vist to your childs school to see how secure it is.Not the school they are going to in August but will soon. I always tour the school and ask questions.

do they really know who is on the playground when child are playing, or roaming the hallways during school hours. At there old schools yes they do.

I don't watch much news so I don't know what happened in Oregan.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Another good reason to home school. A 5 mo baby was taken from a grandmother's house today in Tucson. They caught the man that did it. I think keeping your child with you is better then having an ID Kit.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I ordered kits for all the kids in my family and took care of it all. My daughter, nieces, and sister. We update the pictures every couple of months or when something changes like hair length. My kid's not in school yet, so I don't know most of the other stuff. I do know from registering her you have to be buzzed in and go through the office to get to the school unless you have a passcode. I've had Ki's id kit for 3 years now, and redo the prints every 6 months as her hands grow.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• its kind of hard to give details, but enter missing 7 yr old boy in oregon and you will get alot of information. he has been missing a month now. he disappeared from his school before class started..
    Windwalker2002

Comment by Windwalker2002 (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yes we are well aware of our school's policy... my grandson's BM can not come in and get him nor can his BD...
    As for a kit... we got one... cd with him in front of a height chart, talking a bit ... saying his name, where he lives his
    age at the time... (we can update it yrly) also had teeth imprints and DNA done (which is in my freezer) ... also his digital
    finger printing was done...
    But understand this , having all of this information isn't going to prevent someone from taking a child... if someone is determined
    to take a child, they will...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My son's school is like a fortress to volunteer you have to be willing to pay 25 bucks so the school can do a back ground check on you. The school has to buzz you in and during lunch and recess there are many aides and parent volunteers to keep an eye on the kids. I help as much as possible and they know me well in the office but when I come up I always have to show my ID to be buzzed in and sign in to get my badge.

With all that something can happen. You can homeschool and a child can be abducted if someone wants to. Look at Elizabeth Smart and others who were abducted from their own homes. I am glad the school is safe and we keep him as safe as we can at home but I won't hold on to him so tight he never experiences life and walks around afraid of everything.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We do have an ID kit.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Well I know you can only get in the front door of my kids' old school and you have to be buzzed in.  There is a big window in the office which is right inside the door so you can't get past the office.  They don't allow you in the classroom during the day and visitors have to have a pass.  You can't volunteer without a police background and a training course (that's for anything including being a lunch mother or going on field trips).  The playground is surrounded by a 6' high fence which is locked all day and the teachers go out with the kids for recess.  I don't worry about them at all. 

My school kids have IDs provided by the school through a program the city offers.  They are fingerprinted and an ID with their picture is printed.  Their info is kept on file for a year. My kids still play outside alone and go to the park every day without me. 

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2010