Thinking of going to school

I want to be a teacher, for now I would like distance learning since I have two of the kids home with me all day. Should I go through a regular collage, I don't know if I trust the online collages, do you? And also I have 3 three kids and husband works full time so would I be able to get a lot of financial help?

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in

• Personally, I would choose taking online classes from a traditional university over a for-profit school like University of Phoenix. A lot of public universities now offer online degrees. As far as financial aid, that depends on your families income. You can start by filling out a FAFSA to find out what types of financial aid you can get.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have heard all good things about University of Pheonix (an online college) but as far as financial aid I have no idea, sorry! Good luck with everything =)
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I am taking distance learning courses through our community college right now. They are wonderful! Id check you local community college and see what they have to offer. University of Pheonix is very expensive and from what ive been told alot of employers dont see them as credible.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 1:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I do distance learning through Liberty University. I love it since my degree just says Liberty University. There is no way of knowing what portion of classes I did online.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Do you know any principles in your school district or the superintendent, or if you're in a large school district, the head of HR? Why not see if they would meet with you to give you some advice about this and other things related to going back to school? You're a taxpayer and parent, they should be willing to spend time with you. This will not only give you good information, it will help you establish connections for later, when you're job searching.

In terms of financial support, once you've narrowed down the list of schools you'd like to attend, contact their financial aid office to see what you may be eligible for. I would also talk to the research librarian at the local library for books that list different types of grants and scholarships. There may be some out there for back-to-school moms.

Good luck.
    Pat
    Amigram.com Life’s Happy Announcements
    Amigram

Answer by Amigram at 3:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010