I am so uncomfortable....help/suggestions please?!

I'm 36 weeks and ive been having terrible AWFUL braxton hicks contractions. I've been on the verge of tears multiple times from them, I change position, lqy on my side, sit up, take a bath, they're relentless. Also I've had more discharge, to the point of having to wear a panty liner constantly. My back is killing me for the first time this pregnancy, the back pain comes and goes, but it hurts. I've also been having a lot more frequent soft BMs. Am i close to labor or something??? I never experienced any of this with my son because I was induced. Any help or suggestions especially for the BH is extremely appreciated.

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• And I'm curious to know if these are signs that labor is near.....im absolutely miserable
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Fill a long sock with rice, tie it off so the rice won't spill, and heat it up in the mircowave. Sling it on your back & enjoy.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 12:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• You were induced before 36 weeks? Pregnancy can be worse during summer. You want to try to go at least 38 weeks. The baby's lungs may be able to work on their own at 36 weeks but the brain is a lot more developed if you go to 38 weeks.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• go to the hospital. i have had five false alarms and they gave me some medicine to help relax
    elizabugsmommy

Answer by elizabugsmommy at 12:09 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Braxton hicks are uncomfortable but if they are bringing a tear to your eye and won't die down then you need to call your doc at the very least. count how many you have in an hour, and make sure to tell him about the back pain too, you can have back contractions and if those keep going they may send you into early labor. Your doc may simply tell you to lie down, take tylonel, and drink a lot of water, or he may tell you to head to the hospital, or a combination. If it is painful and you are confused, don't chance it, get advice from YOUR doctor.
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 12:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2010