Whose baby has fell off the bed before?

I fell asleep while BFing my 6 month old on the bed, and the next thing I know, I was woken up by a big thump!. Oh I feel so terrible. She seems to be okay though...

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 12:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Never, I always hated feeding on the bed...I could never get comfortable.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• aww, kids are made tough!!! my daughter never fell outta bed until she was 3..it was cute tho, cuz she fell, and then went back to sleep on the ground..i took pictures.LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• my son fell off the couch twice (my friend turned her head for like 2 seconds both times...) and hes okay. he didnt even freak out too bad lol
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Both of my kids fell off the bed at least once before they were a year. Keep an eye on him, if he won't stop crying or if he starts throwing up, take him to the ER. Otherwise, he'll be fine.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Mine have at one point or another.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Mine did and I felt like the worst mother in the world. But they are tough. I think it hurt me more than my kid.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My son fell off the couch once and the bed twice. :( The couch happened when he had just turned 5 months old and I had no clue he could move the way he did! That one was scary because we have hard-wood floors. He cried for a good 5 minutes but then he was fine. He fall off the bed when my fiance was playing with him, when he was like 7 months old. My fiance grabbed his legs right when he went over which ended up being a bad idea, because my son smacked his head on the metal frame. He got a little cut by his eye and had a lump on his head. Poor guy. He was fine again though. And then the 2nd time he fell off the bed was when he was sleeping and I walked out of the room for literally a SECOND and he had woken up and crawled off the edge. That was no big deal...he barely even cried. Most of the time they are startled more than anything. Its a lesson learned! Now you know you can't do that!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Mine fell out of bed once before she was a year old and took a little tumble down two steps and cried for a second then laughed (both times) not so funny to me, I was freaking out, but she was fine.
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• DH was snuggling with her one morning- I think she was 4-5 months old. He fell asleep and she rolled off. It happens a good amount. She's fine!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 12:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I'm pretty sure every child has fallen off the bed or the couch at least once, even if mom won't admit it.

When my oldest fell off the couch as an infant we called my MIL in a panic. She said to my husband, "Oh, he'll be fine. You fell into a washing machine as a baby and you came out okay". Seriously. A washing machine.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 12:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2010