At what age did your child learn to swim?

Ds is 4 and he's leaning pretty fast, he's in the stage of half way swimming half way drowning lol. I'm almost positive he'll be a great swimmer by the end of summer though.

How old were your kid(s)?

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 12:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• My sons are 5 and 4. DS1 swims, DS2 is learning.

This question has been asked a lot in the past few days so if you don't get many answers just search this question and i'm sure you'll find tons more.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i think 4-5 is perfect age for learning how to swim....i found that my dd did really well during the summer, but the next year she needed practice to refresh her skills.

way to go lil gavin!
    huedoll26

Answer by huedoll26 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• We started them in lessons when they were 5.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My son is 3 and can swm great all by himself. He really learned at 2 but then having a whole year without it through him off.. but he is like a little fish, after a month of just pushing him to swim swim swim. No floaties either.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 2:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My kids were 3 and 4 when they learned to swim. We didn't have a pool when the 4 year old was younger, so he was later starting out. But I love to swim so we've always spent lots of time at the pool in the summers! (and in the winter we go to an indoor pool usually at least once/week)

Answer by missanc at 7:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• 2
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2010