Pregnant or not??

I have the implanon birth control in my arm, which is a three year rod that releases hormones and is 99.9% like most birth controls. I've been on it for 8 months. I haven't had a period for 1 1/2 mths and have had very sensitive boobs for 3 wks. They have both started to get bigger just in the past wk. Pregnancy test have come up negative. Funny thing is the idea of me possibly being pregnant wasn't even an option until my friend brought it up last wk. So I know it's not something I've been thinking about. What do you think?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 12:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Get a blood test! Everyones body is different and maybe your body didn't react well to the birth control, or maybe your period is all messed up... who knows! Just get to the doc ASAP b/c I think if you are pregnant you have to get that inplant out fast b/c it might do harm to the baby. Not sure but I know even with regular birth control they tell you to stop taking it right away if you find out ur pregnant. So it's just better to know! Good luck!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• anything is possible so i would go to the doctor's to check just to make sure. Make sure you are taking a test in the morning, and even wait a few weeks to test again because it may be to early. But alot of times with different types of birth control you have to light to no period at all. So it could just be your body getting used to a new cycle and adjusting to it. Even then i would still get checked out by the doctor to make sure everything is ok with your birth control and make sure it's still working and in the right place and all that stuff. Good luck
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2010