Pink Eye?

I had a little guy lay down for his nap yesterday and when he woke up 1 1/2 hours later his whole eye was extremely swollen. Even around his cheek bone. Just that fast. We thought it was a bug bite so we gave him some benadryl. Today went to the doctor just to be safe, the doctor said it was pink eye. Drops and medicine here we come. I've never seen anything come on so fast. The itching is driving him crazy. Is this how pink has been for any of your children?

Lifes-A-Dance

Asked by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yep. I am super susceptible to it as well. Pink eye sucks. A cool wash cloth will help with the itching, just make sure to put it directly into the washing machine and wash your hands thoroughly when he is done with it.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 12:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Yep my baby got it when she was 5 months old. Looked like someone punched her in her eye. She is my youngest and was the only one to get it go figure.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Was all bedding and favorite toys that he may have rubbed his face on. Or you will be having round 2 of pink eye.

Phianabismoma

Answer by Phianabismoma at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2010