Do you have friends in real life???

Does anyone on here have no friends in real life? Are CM, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and other social networks online your only source of friendship/support?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I have two solid friends from public school days who I know I can always count on to truly care about me. I am close to one sister and know the other sister does care, she is just busy living her own life. It is so difficult to find friends once you are out of the K-12 system that you know you can trust. I think I will try not to be so guarded but I can never really trust new people. Something very bad usually happens IRL.

I love and respect my online friends. There is no way in real life I would have found myself associated with such a group of good hearted, talented and professional women. There was a long weeding out process along the way and the people I know now are a treasure.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't have nearly as many "friends" as I have people on my myspace or facebook. But I do have a select group of real friends.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have a couple good friends, I got rid of a lot of them when I was pregnant with DS. and I have a big supportive family. I don't really have any online friends.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 12:33 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have a handful of close friends in real life and all of them are on my FB page.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• i have tons of friends.... but with a baby and becoming a homebody... it is easier to chat with people you don't have any attachments to. I don't consider any of my computer "friends" even friends.. just people i have common internets with.
    But i do know someone who has no real friends and only cyber friends.. and lives for being in a fantasy world of how good her life is when in reality it is not and makes up stories and lies to everyone lol.. i think it is pathetic.. but what ever gets you through your day
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have two close friends and other people I consider friends but not as close as the other two. I grew up with them, love them to pieces, they would do anything for me and vise versa. That would be pretty sad if people only had these sites to have friends. sorry jmo
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I have 2 friends... Ive known both of them 10-18yrs (im 26)..... My dd is 3.5, their kids are both 4... Nope we didnt plan on being pregnant together either! LOL... But we rarely ever see each other & we live within 10minutes of each other... 1 of the kids I watch daily & thats the only reason we see each other, but its for like 5min...

When you have a family life gets so busy & its so hard to meet up, unless you make it a PRIORITY & with all of us our kids/hubby is important.. Theirs always someone too tired, sick, busy, broke, SOMETHING!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• When I got married and started my family I stayed home and took care of them. So my family came first friends later. Which later is now
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Not since I moved to a small town...this is where women get clicky and if they haven't known you all their lives then they don't care.
    I have nobody to share day to day convo with other then DH and the kids and it is very hard...DH does not understand because everyone he grew up with lives around here and says my lack of friends is not his problem....
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• There's a lot of overlap between online and real life, probably about 3/4 of my real life friends are also on facebook or cafemom or both.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:18 AM on Jul. 3, 2010