Why are we fighting so much?

My bf and I are just going through the transition from dating to serious, why must we fight so much? Its like we were so totally in love and now its all changed. I'm not sure we'll even make it through this. Do all relationships go through this? I thought when you loved each other the transitions were easier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it all depends are the people and where they are at in life. My husband and I used to argue a lot and it took a long time to figure out that what we were arguing about was not worth it. Plus we are both stubborn and indepentant people. It's an adjustment getting used to someone else and fitting this into our life. Take your time, learn to pick your battles, (ask yourself is it worth it to fight about this, if the answer is yes, argue, if it is no then let it pass as an annoyance), and focus on yourself and what you give to him. Give it time.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Sometimes when the amount of time you spend with someone drastically changes it is hard to deal with it, but if it is truly meant to be you will make it. Just try remembering why it went from dating to serious in the first place.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• I don't know because in my experience it went sort of seamlessly from dating to serious like you didn't even notice that all of a sudden you were a couple. My only thought is did one of you want it to be serious more than the other and therefore there is some tension and pressure?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• If you have to argue and fight then what is the point of even having a relationship?
    Don't say it's because you love eachother....love doesn't argue..
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

No it doesn't, but stress does.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 12:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• Me and My DH had this kinda of problem we both wanted to be together but struggled to still be ourselves! Have our Boundaries and we fought over them but we soon learned to compromise on things,, I would tell him what I wanted he would tell me what he wanted and we would Meet in the middle somehow! I have to agree with BlainesMommy!
    mkrhodes84

Answer by mkrhodes84 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2010